Psalm 22 – My God, why hast thou forsaken me? (Andy Marshall)
Andy Marshall is the editor (submitted2020-02-09). Information about the score: A4, 6 pages, 92 kB Notes on the edition: Copyright:CC BY
What is the title of Psalm 22 – My God, Why have you abandoned me? Andy Marshall is the composer. King David is the lyricist. make a webpage 4vv is the number of voices in the song. singing in the key of SAB (and some splitting) Sacred, Anglican chant is the genre. Language:English Species of instruments:Organ First publication:2020 Initially performed in a simple anglican chant manner, but evolving with each stanza to represent the dramatic nature of the words. Description: During Lent, Psalm 22 is frequently read aloud.
In any case, please notify me if you plan to conduct it!
Englishtext1 (A Psalm of David, addressed to the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar.) My God, my God, why hast thou deserted me so completely? Why are you so far away from assisting me, and from hearing the words of my deafening cries? 2O my God, I cry out in the daytime, but thou doest not hear me; and I cry out in the night season, but thou doest not hear me. 3. But the praises of Israel are consecrated to thee, O thou who dwellest amid the praises of Israel. 4Our forefathers placed their confidence in thee; they placed their trust in thee, and thou delivered them.
- 6But I am a worm and no man; I am a source of embarrassment to men and loathed by the people.
- 9But thou are the one who brought me forth from the womb; thou wast the one who inspired hope in my heart while I lay upon my mother’s breasts.
- 11Do not stray too far from me, for disaster is approaching, and there is no one to assist you.
- Thirteen of them gaped at me with their mouths, as if they were hungry ravens or hungry lions.
- I have been reduced to the dust of death, and my power has dried up like a potsherd; my tongue is cleaved to my jaws; and thou hast brought me to this place.
- 17I can tell you that all of my bones are looking at me and staring at me.
- 19But, O LORD, do not go far away from me; O my strength, come quickly to my assistance.
thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns, and thou hast delivered me from the jaws of the lion. 22I will proclaim thy name to my brothers and sisters, and I will praise thee in the midst of the multitude.
Refrain: “Do not be separated from me, O Lord.” 1My God, my God, why have you abandoned me, and why are you so far away from my salvation, from the words of my anguish? 1 2O my God, I call out throughout the day, but you do not respond; and I cry out during the night, but I do not find rest. But you are the Holy One, enthroned upon the praises of Israel, 3and you are the One who saves. 4Our forefathers placed their confidence in you; they placed their trust in you, and you delivered them. 5They called out to you and were delivered; they put their faith in you and were not let down by your failure to provide.
- They snort and wag their heads, saying, 8’He put his confidence in the Lord; let him deliver him; let him deliver him if he delights in him,’ and then they laugh at my expense.
- 10I have placed my trust in you from the day I was born; you have been my God even while I was in my mother’s womb.
- 12Mighty oxen surround me, and huge bulls of Bashan shut in on me from all sides.
- 14I have been poured out like water; all of my bones are out of joint; and my heart has become like wax melting in the depths of my body.
- Because the dogs are all about me, and the gang of evildoers is closing in on me; they are piercing my hands and feet.
- 18They split up my clothes amongst themselves, and they draw lots for my attire.
- 20Away with the sword, away with the might of the hound, away with my spirit and my pitiful life!
I am in danger.
22I will proclaim your name to my people, and I will sing your praises in the middle of the assembly.
Because he has not rejected or hated the suffering of the poor, nor has he hidden his face from them, but when they called out to him, he heard them and responded to them.
26,27 Those who seek the Lord will thank him; those who seek the Lord’s face will be satisfied; and their hearts will live forever.
28For the kingdom belongs to the Lord, and he is the one who governs over all the nations.
‘He has spared my life for himself; my descendants will serve him,’ says the Lord, and this will be passed down for centuries to come.
Refrain: “Do not be separated from me, O Lord.” The bereaved resort to you in their anguish and fear: in every hour of affliction, sweet Lord, deliver us, O God most holy, God most powerful, whose wisdom is the cross of Christ, we pray.
Material from The Archbishops’ Council2005’s Common Worship: Daily Prayer, from which this material is adapted, is owned by The Archbishops’ Council and published by Church House Publishing.
Bible Gateway passage: Psalm 22 – New International Version
1My God, my God, why have you abandoned me so completely? Is it because you are so far away from saving me, so far away from my cries of anguish? A)”>(A)Why are you so far away from my cries of anguish? C)”>(C) 2My God, I call out to you during the day, but you do not respond; I call out to you during the night, but I receive no response. F) Despite this, you are enthroned as the Holy One “>(F)you are the one who receives acclaim from Israel. G)”>(G) 4Our forefathers and foremothers placed their confidence in you; they trusted, and you delivered.
- K)”>(K) 6However, I am a worm L)”>(L)and not a man, hated by everyone, M)”>(M)despised by myself, and N)”>(N)despised by others “>(N)by the will of the people.
- Q)”>(Q) He has put his confidence in theLord, they say, so let theLordrescue him.
- ” 9Yet you took me out of the womb; U)”>(U)you taught me to put my confidence in V)”>(V)you even while I was nursing at my mother’s breast.
- 11Do not stray too far from me, X)”>(X), for disaster is approaching Y)”>(Y)and there is no one to assist you.
- Lions that tear their prey to pieces AE)”>(AE)open their mouths wide are a common sight in the jungle “>(AF) is working against me.
the adverbial form of AG)))))))))))))))))))) “>(AG)My heart has turned to wax; AH)”>(AH)it has melted AI)”>(AI)within me; >(AG)My heart has turned to wax; 15 “My mouth has dried up like a potsherd, AJ)”>(AJ), and my tongue is stuck to the roof of my mouth; AK)”>(AK), you have thrown me to the wolves AL)”>(AL) “>(AL)in the event of death My hands and feet are pierced by A)”>(AN)my hands and feet as 16Dogs AM)”>(AM)surround me and a pack of villains surrounds me.
- 17All of my skeletons are on display; people are staring.
- They split my clothing among themselves and draw lots for my dress, according to AP)”>(AP)18.
- AT)”>(AT)come quickly; AS)”>(AS)you are my strength; AT)”>(AT)come quickly AU) AU) AU) AU) AU) AU) AU) “>(AU) to come to my aid.
- I need to be saved from the mouths of lions and AZ)”>(AZ)saved from the horns of wild bulls, and I need your help.
- BB) BB) BB) BB) “>(BB)I shall sing your praises.
- BD) BD) BD) BD) BD) “>(BD)All of Jacob’s descendants, remember and respect him!
- BF) BF) BF) BF) BF) “>(BF)everyone who is descended from Israel!
- BI) Business Intelligence “>(BI)from him, yet he has heeded his cries for assistance.
- The poor will eat BM)”>(BM)26 and be content; those who seek the Lord will thank him— BN) “>(BN)May your hearts continue to beat forever!
- BP)”>(BP)28because dominion belongs to theLordBQ)”>(BQ)and he has authority over all the nations.
- BT) is an abbreviation for “Broadcast Television.” “Those who are unable to maintain themselves alive will bow their heads before him.
BU)”>(BU) 30 Future generations BW)”>(BW)will be informed about the Lord; future generations BV)”>(BV)will serve him. 31 They will testify to his righteousness, BX) “>(BX)declaring to a people who have not yet been born: DONE BY) “>(BY)He has completed the task! BZ)”>(BZ)
Psalm 22: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me? – Psalm91.com
Why have you deserted me, O my God, O my God? Is it because you are so far away from saving me, so far away from my cries of anguish? A)”>(A)How come you are so far away from my cries of anguish? C)”>(C) 1Oh, my God, I scream out during the day, but you don’t respond; I scream out throughout the night, but I don’t get any sleep. Even so, you have been elevated to the position of the Holy One; F) “F)you are the one whom Israel honors. G)”>(G) (4) Our forefathers placed their faith in you; they believed, and you delivered them.
K)”>(K) I, on the other hand, am an ape L)”>(L)and not a man, detested by everyone, M)”>(M)despised by no one, and N)”>(N)despised by no one “the majority of the populace >(N) Everyone who comes into my presence laughs and scoffs; O)”>(O)they hurl obscenities at me while P)”>(P)shaking their heads Q)”>(Q) He has put his confidence in theLord, they say, so let theLordrescure him.
- ” Even at my mother’s breast, you brought me out of the womb; U)”>(U)you compelled me to put my confidence in you V)”>(V)in you.
- X)”>(X) should not be too far away from me, for trouble is approaching Y)”>(Y) and no one is available to assist.
- 14I’m being poured out like water, and all of my bones are out of alignment with each other.
- >(AG)I have turned to wax; AH)”>(AH)it has turned to wax.
- Everyone is staring at my skeletons.
- In order to distribute my garments, they divide them into groups of four and draw lots for my item.
AT)”>(AT)come as soon as possible; AS)”>(AS)you are my strength; In the case of AU, the abbreviation stands for “Australian Uranium.” “To assist me, please contact (AU) AV) (Audio Visualization) “Take my life away from the blade, >(AV)20 As a result of the above, AW “my valuable life (AW) is in jeopardy.
- I need to be saved from the mouths of lions and AZ)”>(AZ)saved from the horns of wild bulls, so please help me.
- The BB) is an abbreviation for Business Bureau “It is my pleasure to sing your praises.
- Is it possible to get an extension on the time limit for BD?
- The BE) is an abbreviation for the British Empire “Revere him, and he will be revered in turn.
- BG)”>(BG)he has not despised or scorned the afflicted one’s pain; BH)”>(BH)he has not concealed his face from those who are suffering.
- In the large assembly, the topic of my praise will be derived from you; BK)”>(BK)before those who are afraid of you, I will carry out my promises to you.
- 27To the furthest reaches of the world (B) “>(BO)will recall and turn to the Lord, and all the families of the nations will bow down before him, The LordBQ)”>(BQ)28has authority over the nations, and he is known as theLordBP)”>(BP)28.
- “People who are unable to keep their lives will bow down before him.
BU)”>(BU) 30 Future generations BW)”>(BW)will be informed about the Lord, and posterity BV)”>(BV)will serve him. 31 They will testify to his righteousness, BX) “>(BX)making a declaration to a people who have not yet existed: INVOLVED WITH: “That was done by (BY)He. BZ)”>(BZ)
Psalm 22: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?
1My God, my God, why have you abandoned me so completely? Why are you so far away from rescuing me, so far away from my screams of agony? 2My God, I call out throughout the day, but You do not respond; I cry out during the night, but I find no rest. However, You have been enthroned as the Holy One, and You are the One whom Israel exalts. Four times our forefathers placed their confidence in You; they trusted, and You delivered them. 5They called out to You and were saved; they put their confidence in You and were not ashamed.
- 7Everyone who sees me makes fun of me; they throw obscenities at me while shaking their heads.
- Allow Him to deliver him because He takes pleasure in him.” The opening line of Psalm 22should cause us to take a deep breath.
- In the second place (and maybe most incredible of all), this line notably parallels the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who, likewise Holy (though sinless), had cried out from the cross: “Eloi, Eloi, lema savachthani?” (O Holy, Holy, Holy, Let us pray).
- David conveys his thoughts of being abandoned by God in the first line of the poem.
- Approximately how many of us can identify with this emotion?
- However, take particular attention to what David does in inverses 3-5 when he is experiencing extreme displeasure.
However, despite his pain, he exclaims: “Yet You have been enthroned as the Holy One; in You our forefathers placed their confidence; they trusted You, and You delivered them.” They called out to You, and You heard them and saved them.’ David holds on to the hope of who God is in the face of emotions of desertion, steadfast resistance, and weakening faith, among other things.
- No matter what you’re going through today, give God the thanks he deserves.
- God may wish to see our faith; He may put our faith to the test when we are under strain.
- The Lord takes pleasure in rescuing those who take pleasure and put their confidence in Him.
- Thank You for your assurance that You will save us from our plight.
Please provide us with the fortitude to endure when we are under strain; allow our hardships to strengthen our faith. Teach us to give up all for the sake of Your greater glory. We lay our whole faith and confidence in You. We pray to You in the name of Jesus Christ, who is good and holy. Amen.”
Lord, Why Have You Forsaken Me
Why have You abandoned me, LORD? is the title of the display. First Line: “LORD, why have you abandoned me?” says the poet. Author: Christopher L. WebberTune Title: DISTRESSComposer: Christopher L. Webber LM is an abbreviation for the meter. Psalm 22 is the source of this information. The year is 2021. Themes: Abandonment |; Assurance |; Cross |; Danger |; Death |; Despair |; Doubt |; Face of the Lord |; Forsaken |; Good Friday |; Holy Week |; Lamb of God |; Lenten |; Loneliness |; Mocking |; Pain |; Persecution |; Prayer |; Questioning |; Sorrow |; Suffering |; Trouble |Christian Worship22D.
Psalms for All Seasons22B
Lord, Why Have You Forsaken Me? is the title of the display. ‘Lord, why have you abandoned me?’ begins the song. HARVEY’S CHANT (Harvey’s Chant) is a song written by Christopher L. Webber. The meter reads 220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.8.8.8 Psalm 22 is the source of this information. 2012 is the year in question. Themes include: Assurance |; Biblical Names and Places | Israel; Biblical Names and Places | Jacob; Church Year |
Passion/Palm Sunday; Cry to God |; Despair |; Doubt |; Elements of Worship |
Trust in; God’s |
Presence; Jesus Christ |
General; Lament |