‘Who Dey’ vs. ‘Who Dat’: Barstool, Bush suggest Bengals’ chant rips off New Orleans Saints
- The Cincinnati Bengals were given an opportunity to demonstrate their potential, establish themselves as a contender, and hand their division opponent a loss in front of a national audience on Thursday Night Football. Unfortunately, the limelight also provided some with an opportunity to assert that the New Orleans Saints’ “Who Dat” cry was the first, and that the Bengals’ “Who Dey” cheer somehow rips off the Saints’ or isn’t as wonderful or generally regarded as the Saints’. Reggie Bush, a former Saints running back, made multiple comments after the Bengals’ 34-23 victory over the Saints regarding New Orleans’ “Who Dat?” being more popular or coming before the Bengals’ “Who Dey?” following the Bengals’ victory. Eric Hubbs of Barstool Sports stated Friday (caution: NSFW language) that the Bengals just opted to take the game from their rivals, the Saints. From Hubbs: “First and foremost, where did the Bengals acquire the idea that they could just perform the “Who Dey?””?” That’s been a Saints tradition for decades, and you can’t take that away from them. What happened in 2018? The Bengals just woke up and decided that they were going to make this their thing. Additionally, Hubbs made fun at Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton, who attempted to direct supporters who remained at Paul Brown Stadium to watch post-game NFL Network interviews around the whole stadium “Who Dey? Who Dey? Who Dey? Instead of merely repeating “Who Dey think going to beat them Bengals?” the chant “Who Dey think going to beat them Bengals?” “That could have been simpler for a group of people to do in a concert setting. At the very least, Dalton does not believe that “Who Dey” began this week. Carol Motsinger of the Cincinnati Enquirer wrote on the origins of the phrase “Who Dey” in 2015. Get the most up-to-date Bengals news. You may get our software from both the Apple App Store and the Google Play store. The Bengals’ postgame press conference: Cincinnati gets out to a fast start and ends with dignity. Bengals beat writer Paul Dehner Jr. and staff photographer Kareem Elgazzar talk about the team’s 34-23 victory against the Baltimore Ravens on Monday night football. Kareem Elgazzar is a reporter with the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Reggie Bush, Jonathan Vilma to lead Who Dat chant at the Dome
This coming Sunday, a pair of former Saints greats will return to the Superdome. Former running back Reggie Bush and linebacker Jonathan Vilma will be in attendance as the club starts off its postseason against the defending Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday, October 14. “Let’s make a lot of noise on Sunday!” Bush shared his thoughts on Twitter. My excitement at getting back on the pitch and leading the Who Dat shout alongside Jonathan Vilma is palpable. In 2010, when the Saints made a late-season run for the Super Bowl, Bush led the club out of the tunnel with a baseball bat, something Saints fans will recall.
- With @JonVilma51, I’m looking forward to getting back on the field and leading the WhoDatchant once more.
- Last January, the former running back appeared on the field with the team prior to their Wild Card Round home game against Carolina, when he led the Who Dat chant before the start of the game.
- With the No.
- Bush announced his retirement from the National Football League in 2017, and he stated a desire to do so as a member of the New Orleans Saints.
- He was awarded a Super Bowl ring as a result of his accomplishments in the NFL.
- During the club’s Super Bowl run, he led the team in tackles and had three interceptions.
- In order to motivate another Super Bowl effort in New Orleans, both Bush and Vilma will attempt to do so.” 247Sports
Who Dat vs Who Dey; The History and Origins
A statement that many Saints fans are acquainted with is the Who Dat chant, but it is much more than a simple expression. It is the essence of us and what we are. A Saints fan is known as a “Who dat,” and you are also a member of the “Who Dat Nation” if you support the team. Every Saints game begins with a chant led by a Saints player, usually Drew Brees, who walks to the center of the field and waves his arm down. The whole Super Dome bursts in applause. Who Dat Chant is led by Reggie Bush before each game.
This is where the cry started for all Saints fans, but if you drive north across the country to Cincinnati, you will discover a whole other narrative and an entirely different history.
As the Saints prepare to face the Bengals, I thought it would be interesting to take a look back at how it all began.
Who Dat vs Who Dey?
Everyone is acquainted with the Who Dat chant, but it is more than just a catchphrase among Saints supporters. It’s a part of our identity and our essence. “Who dat,” and you’re a member of the Saints’ “Who Dat Nation,” if you’re a Saints fan. Preceding every Saints game, a Saints player, typically Drew Brees, walks to center of field and waves his arm down, causing the whole Super Dome to erupt in a cry of “God Bless America.” Pre-game Who Dat chant is led by Reggie Bush and others. The shout was so strong during the Saints’ most recent game against the Rams that it could be heard above the commentators’ commentary during the broadcast of that game.
I thought it would be interesting to look back at what happened before the Saints faced the Bengals.
“Who Dey” vs “Who Dat”
During the 1981 Cincinnati Bengals’ Super Bowl run, the “Who Dey” chant became popular among the team’s fans. If the Bengals did not directly take the cry from the University of Louisiana, it appears that they adapted it from a combination of a local beer business advertisement and a car dealership commercial. Hudepohl Brewing Company commemorated the Bengals’ run to the Super Bowl during the 1981 season with the introduction of the first Hu-Dey beer can. (Photo courtesy of the author.) Paul Abrams (Paul Abrams) The Hudephol Brewing Company commemorated the team’s accomplishment in 1981 by printing the words “Who Dey” on all of their cans for the remainder of the year.
Who Dat is the Cajun French pronunciation of who is that, and it is a standalone phrase. Long before the first football was ever lifted, and certainly long before the year 1981, the Cajuns were saying something similar. When it comes to Saints fans, one thing is certain: they’ve become accustomed to the NFL plagiarizing from their team’s culture over time. The team photo celebration following a great play is the most recent example of this type of offense. But, regardless of whether you say “Who Dat” or “Who Dey,” when our lads depart Paul Brown Stadium on Sunday, we will be the ones who are proudly chanting our slogan, knowing where it originated from and when it began.
Could It Be? Nia Long and Reggie Bush?
Jennifer, we were under the impression that this was a rumor that could be put to rest. The New Orleans Saints have recently acquired football star Reggie Bush, and sources close to Nia have told TMZ that the two do not see each other. They were seen together at a function, and rumors began to circulate about them immediately. Reggie has now been revealed as the unknown man who Nia was with last month in a LA mall when a brawl erupted between the running back and Long’s ex, Massai Z. Dorsey, according to a source on TMZ.
- Please see the following for further information on the original story.
- Linda, Wilmer clearly understands how to strike a healthy balance between work and leisure.
- Expect to see this handsome young man in “Fast Food Nation,” which will be released in October, as well as “Unaccompanied Minors,” which will be released at the end of this year.
- This is when youngsters from the neighborhood compete with one another, cracking “yo momma” jokes, in the hopes of earning not only the esteem of their peers, but also “$1000 in cash money.” Check out this article to see how Wilmer and other beautiful stars under the age of 30 stay in shape.
- This autumn, the world, as well as you, Peter, will be exposed to Britney and Kevin’s fresh new baby, who is due in October.
- But don’t think Brit’s professional life has come to an end because she became a mother.
- Britney’s ability to think on her feet is another another indication of her intelligence.
Watch Britney’s baby buying excursion in Malibu this past weekend to see what I mean!
Nick and Alex are both gorgeous individuals, but they are not appealing as a pair.
reality program titled “The Carters” is expected to record their relationship, according to reports.
“Alex M” is Alex’s self-titled first album, which can be seen on the program.
It is expected that Alex’s album will be published on September 26.
Also, check out this article for an update on Alex’s ex-girlfriend.
In terms of recording or going on tour, Eminem has nothing planned at this time, according to Christine.
While it appears he has gone away from the music industry, it is important not to write him off completely yet.
Take a look at this if you want to catch up on photographs you may have missed. Is there something you HAVE TO KNOW about a subject? Fill out this form to submit your inquiry! More information may be found by clicking here. “I just HAVE TO KNOW!” says the author.
Reggie Bush on Relationship Hurdles with Kim Kardashian
If this was a rumor, we assumed it would be put to rest. Jennifer, we were under the impression that it was. The New Orleans Saints have recently acquired football star Reggie Bush, and sources close to Nia have told TMZ that the two do not intend to meet. They were photographed together at a function, and rumors began to circulate immediately after that. The narrative thickens, however, as a TMZ source identifies Reggie as the unidentified man who Nia was with last month in a LA mall when a brawl erupted between the running back and Long’s ex, Massai Z.
- What is true at this point is anyone’s guess.
- Is Wilmer Valderrama planning something new for the upcoming season now that “The 70’s Show” has come to an end?
- Despite the fact that he is in the spotlight almost every week in Hollywood, he has also been hard at work in the background of films.
- He’s also filming the second season of MTV’s “Yo Momma,” as if that wasn’t enough to keep him busy.
- When can we expect to see Britney Baby number two in the making?
- On September 14, Sean Preston will turn one year old, and this new member of the Spears/Federline family will be welcomed into the family.
- She intends to return to singing and performing, and has been recording in the studio throughout this period.
Her most recent bundle of joy – which some believe to be an agirlybundle of joy, according to her – appears to be the source of her greatest happiness for the time being.
Alex M, from the show “Laguna Beach,” is Nick Carter’s current girlfriend.
A simple description of this couple would be “best pals.” A new E!
However, we already know that we’ll only be watching them interact as friends.
Nick and Alex collaborated to create “Alex M.” It is scheduled to be published on September 26th.
What is the latest on Eminem’s upcoming tour dates?
One of his most recent and unexpected performances came during the BET Awards in June, when he agreed to combine lyrical forces with Busta Rhymes and the rest of the gang.
The actor previously stated in June that he’d be appearing in a 1950s film adaptation of the television series “Have Gun – Will Travel.” Consequently, given enough time, Em will be able to say “guess who’s back” once again.
You may use this page to catch up on any photographs you may have missed. Does something stand out as something you have to know right away? Your question can be submitted in this section. For further information, please visit this site. “I’ve GOT TO KNOW!” says the author.
Reggie Bush’s Wife: All About The Athlete’s Personal Life (r)
Jennifer, we were under the impression that this was a rumor that we would be able to put to rest. The New Orleans Saints have recently acquired football star Reggie Bush, and sources close to Nia have told TMZ that the two are not seeing one other. After they were seen together at a party, rumors began to circulate. Reggie has now been revealed as the unknown man who Nia was with last month in a LA mall when a brawl erupted between the running back and Long’s ex, Massai Z. Dorsey, according to a TMZ source.
- Take a peek at this to get caught up on the original tale!
- Linda, Wilmer certainly understands how to strike a healthy balance between work and leisure.
- Expect to see this handsome young man in the films “Fast Food Nation,” which will be released in October, and “Unaccompanied Minors,” which will be released at the end of this year.
- When can we expect to see Britney Baby number two in the flesh?
- The birth of this new member of the Spears/Federline family coincides with Sean Preston’s first birthday, which falls on September 14.
- She intends to return to singing and performing, and she has been recording in the studio throughout this period.
- For the time being, it appears that preparing for her next bundle of joy – which some speculate may be agirlybundle of joy – is what is bringing her the greatest delight.
Is Nick Carter dating Alex M from the television show “Laguna Beach”?
The simplest way to characterize this duo is as “just buddies.” They will be featured on the forthcoming E!
However, we already know that we’ll only be seeing them in their capacity as pals.
Alex’s debut studio album will be published on September 26th.
Is there any word on when Eminem will be back on the road?
One of his most recent and unexpected performances came on stage during the BET Awards in June, when he agreed to combine lyrical forces with Busta Rhymes and the rest of the gang.
He revealed in June that he will be starring in a 1950s film adaptation of the television series “Have Gun – Will Travel.” So, given a little more time, “guess who’s back” will be the phrase Em will use once more.
Take a peek at this to catch up on any photographs you may have missed. Is there something you really HAVE TO KNOW? Fill out the form below to submit your inquiry! More information may be found here. “I’ve GOT TO KNOW!”
Reggie Bush’s Wife: Here’s What We Know.
Reggie Bush is blissfully married to Lilit Avagyan, a talented Armenian dancer who has performed all over the world. As a guest performer on the famous television show Dancing with the Stars during Ashlee Simpson’s season 6 performance, Lilit has also had a quick cameo appearance. She can communicate in two more languages, including Armenian and Russian, in addition to English. Starting in 2011, the couple began dating, and the rest, as they say, is history. After three years of dating, the couple decided to tie the wedding in 2014 and have been blissfully married ever since.
Reggie Bush has referred to his wife, Lilit, as “a guardian angel sent from heaven,” and has described her as “an excellent mother.” The former athlete went on to say that he had discovered his soul mate in the process.
Reggie, on the other hand, defended his wife, claiming that it is because of her that he is so content, and hit back at the critics!
Everything You Need to Know About Her Net Worth
Reggie Bush Opens Up About His Family, Pandemic, And More!
He is happily married to Lilit Avagyan, who works as a professional Armenian dancer. As a guest performer on the famous television show Dancing with the Stars during Ashlee Simpson’s season 6 performance, Lilit has also had a quick cameo. Her other native languages are Armenian and Russian, in addition to English. She is fluent in each of these languages. Starting in 2011, the couple began dating, and the rest, as they say, was history. After three years of dating, the two were married in 2014 and have been enjoying their new life together ever since.
According to Reggie Bush, his wife is a guardian angel sent from heaven, and Lilit is a wonderful mother, according to Lilit Bush.
After many people called him out for not marrying someone of color, the sportsman was exposed to criticism.
Also read:Kimberly Anne Scott Datin, Eminem’s ex-wife: Who Is She?
Did Reggie Bush Date Kim Kardashian Earlier?
Reggie Bush was in a relationship with reality television star Kim Kardashian before to meeting the love of his life. However, after three years of being together, the two decided to separate ways. There was no animosity between them at the time of their separation. Moreover, Reggie asserted that he has moved on and is no longer in contact with his ex-girlfriend Kim. The sportsman went on to praise his ex-girlfriend, stating she is “extremely intelligent” and that he is pleased for her and her family.
This is how they first met at the 2007 ESPY Awards, where they were introduced by a mutual friend.
In an exclusive interview with Jimmy Kimmel Live, Jennifer Lawrence, the popular actress, inquired of Kim Kardashian about the possibility of it dying.
A humorous response came from Kim Kardashian when she was asked about the remarkable resemblance between the two celebrities. You may also be interested in:Who is Rob Schneider’s Wife? You Should Know Everything About Her
Looking back on the 1-year anniversary of Reggie Bush’s reinstatement
Can you believe that the one-year anniversary of Reggie Bush’s readmission at the University of Southern California occurred on June 10, 2021? Bush was welcomed back to USC one year ago on Thursday with a famous message from the USC Football Twitter account, following a ten-year expulsion from the school. I can’t believe how much has changed since Bush was restored, and not only for USC, but for the whole college football landscape. Schools did not participate in the fall because to COVID-19, but they did play in the spring.
Then there was the one-year anniversary of the memorable moment of Bush’s reinstatement, a date that will live on in infamy at the University of Southern California.
It is reasonable to say that Bush has had an outstanding year in 2021, as evidenced by his nomination to the College Football Hall of Fame ballot–which he received with honor.
As one of the finest collegiate basketball players to ever compete at the collegiate level at any time in history, Bush should be inducted into the Hall of Fame without hesitation.
Bush’s NFL career did not go as planned for him (or for anybody else), but he did manage to stick around and make a positive influence on the field until calling it quits for good in 2011.
Whatever occurred, it just feels natural to have Bush back in the company of the Trojans.
Reggie Bush is a Trojans star and legend who is on his way to become a member of the College Football Hall of Fame.