r/SquaredCircle – What is up with “What?” chants?
Put myself out there and accepting the possibility of mockery for my naivete, but I would want to analyze any serious conversation about this and attempt to learn something if at all possible in the process. Despite the fact that I do not watch WWE, I read about Cena’s return from MitB on this site yesterday and was actually excited in seeing his appearance on Raw tonight. However, as soon as the “What?” shouts started, all interest in the passion underlying his performance and the efficiency of his promotional material was snuffed out.
It was terrible and felt out of place with the rest of the performance, but fortunately, it didn’t appear to catch on and didn’t last even for that little part.
Using the word “What?” during a promo appears to be a way for the audience to demean a character’s speaking cadence and/or take away their power, but seeing them in the Cena segment has me perplexed because it reads as an excited crowd that is on the Cena’s side suddenly sabotaging him, which is confusing to me.
Alternatively, do “What?” chants have various meanings for the audience when in character?
- Can chants of “What?” serve as positive reinforcement or affirmation for a promotional campaign?
- I’m writing this from a place of real interest and an attempt to comprehend, since I can’t seem to “get” what a “What?” chant contributes to a promo other than disrupting a wrestler’s rhythm or the crowd simply wanting to yell.
- Having previously admired how in tune audience shouts in AEW appear to be when it comes to the crowd playing the part of a character in whatever tale is happening, hearing a large throng yell “What?” at someone they appear to support leaves me feeling a little disoriented and out of place.
- You can send me a video clip if you have any excellent instances of the “What?” chant so that I can try to acquire a different viewpoint on the subject.
Rather than debating whether these chants are appropriate, I’d like to hear some discussion about the reasoning behind them, what they contribute to the story as a character when performed by fans, and why fans at shows seem to enjoy performing them while nearly everyone on this site appears to despise them.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I’m sure it won’t elicit a lot of responses, but any genuine and real responses are greatly welcomed.
r/SquaredCircle – Can we please talk about the “What?!” chant…
I’ve discovered the internet! Is this something that anyone truly enjoys? It has to be the most irritating aspect of professional wrestling for me, and it makes even good promos practically unwatchable for me to sit through. As a watcher, there are no other chants or crowd interactions that upset me quite as much as this one; it truly gets under my skin. Austin hasn’t wrestled in years, and yet it has managed to survive; is it even possible to destroy it at this point? Is there any way that we, as a community, can put an end to this?
- To make a comment, you must first log in or create an account.
- level 1 (nineteen years ago) Going to What-What-Whataburger is a good idea.
- level 2He tried, but he couldn’t get a word in edgeways because of his accent.
- Don’t give the cretins a chance to articulate what they really think.
- Sandow, in addition to being a master of elocution, is also a master of another method.
- level 1Someone needs to make a reference to Monty Python!
- What’s your name, by the way?
Is this your mission?
Is Assyria the country’s capital?
level 2 (nine years ago) YOU DON’T SPEAK TO NICOTREL IN THAT MANNER!
Which swallow is it: an African or a European?
Learn to appreciate it.
a second-grade education It is important to remember to say “Twwwoooo” after every two-count.
1st grade When it’s utilized in Khali promotions, it’s really effective.
The largest professional wrestling community on the internet.
Powerups are unlocked in r/SquaredCircle
Reddit Inc. is scheduled to go public in 2021. All intellectual property rights are retained.
Greetings to everyone. I come from a music technology background, and throughout my time at university, I had the chance to tour numerous studios (including Hansa in Berlin) and speak with many industry veterans about their experiences. I check in with the sub on a regular basis, hoping that we will ultimately receive a definitive response, but the voyage itself is rather enjoyable! While I cannot claim that it sounds like x band or y vocalist (as it is not my era or field of expertise), one thing that has been bothering me is the absolute certainty that it had to have been recorded after 1983 because that was the year the DX7 was launched.
- Synths require an inordinate amount of time to create, and prototyping can take up to two years before a final product is released.
- Is it possible that it was?
- So, what is the best course of action from here?
- Remember, this is a prototype, so it doesn’t have to be perfect.
I’m not sure if this is of assistance or if I’ve simply put a wrench into the works. In any case, I hope I’ve made a positive contribution in some manner. I’ll come out of hiding again if I come up with anything more that might be of use. Congratulations and best of luck!
basics – singing
Many newcomers are seeking for extremes, such as high loudness, a wide range, and so on. However, being extremely excellent at singing may be similar to getting really good at figure skating; you might be able to make that incredibly intricate move one day, but will you be able to reproduce it the next? Developing strong muscle memory is essential for maintaining consistent performance in your singing. Instead of going to extremes, you should work on strengthening your voice in the same way you would your muscles.
If you’re concerned about whether or not you’ll be able to (learn to) sing, please read on.
Keep in mind that you should not overstate (or under-exaggerate) anything that you read.
Not only are the qualifications of the instructor crucial, but so is whether or not you ‘connect’ with him or her and can communicate well with him or her.
Many newcomers are seeking for extremes, such as a large amount of volume or a wide choice of options, among other characteristics. But growing very excellent at singing may be a lot like improving at figure skating; you might be able to execute that extremely intricate move one day, but will you be able to do the same move again the next? Developing strong muscle memory is essential for maintaining consistent performance in singing. Instead of attempting to push your voice to extremes, you should work on strengthening it the same way you would build up your muscular tone.
For those of you who are concerned about whether or not you can (learn to) sing, please read the following information.
Never overstate (or under-exaggerate) the significance of anything you read.
A teacher’s credentials are crucial, but so is whether or not you “connect” with him or her and can communicate effectively with him or her.
When it comes to voice, your core is the most crucial aspect of your body; most voice coaches describe this by saying things like “sitting/standing tall or proud.” Your neck should be free, as if you were a marionette suspended on an unseen line that was reaching for the ceiling above you.. With one foot slightly in front of the other, your feet should be approximately shoulder width apart. Knees should be free, and your pelvis should be tucked under. The ability to transfer your weight and make use of your thighs should be natural to you.
- Avoid tenseness in your upper body and excessive extension of your shoulders back.
- Your chin should be parallel to the ground, since having a chin that is too high or too low might cause the vocal folds to become constrictive and prevent them from creating a good sound.
- If you sing in front of a mirror, you’ll be shocked at how often you’ll notice yourself adjusting your posture or moving about while you’re singing.
- Please make certain that you have great standing posture before singing when sitting down, as you are more likely to have poor posture while sitting than while standing if you sing while sitting.
If you’re seated, try to find a spot on the edge of the chair or on a step stool. The back of the chair should not be used. Keeping one leg tucked beneath the chair or stool while the other leg is stretched out at a 90-degree angle will help you maintain better posture.
Make an effort to breathe slowly and deeply. Consider the way your breath enters your body: from your stomach, up your sides, and out through your nostrils (see Figure 1). If you’re having trouble getting your breath to move your stomach rather than your shoulders, try lying down and concentrating on your breathing. You’ll relax and your breath will naturally flow lower on it’s own. When you’re standing, place your hands on your sides, and if you’re breathing properly, you’ll really feel your sides moving outwards.
- It is important that all of the expansion in your lungs feels as low as possible.
- This is known as the method of reducing your breath.
- In addition, practicing in a car is not suggested due to the fact that you must maintain complete concentration on the road.
- That’s quite normal.
- It does not have any other function.
- You should not strive to move the diaphragm by contracting muscles; it will move on its own if you breathe correctly.
- Exhale all of the air in your lungs until you are unable to push any more air out (but avoid giving yourself a head rush), and then breathe in.
The act of exhaling causes a vacuum of air in your lungs, and the vacuum does the majority of the effort necessary for inhalation during the process.
It is usual for younger vocalists to take in an excessive amount of air with each breath.
Therefore, be careful not to go beyond with breath support, which may also be detrimental.
To provide a little context to the discussion of body types: Because your body serves as your instrument, its construction will have an impact on the way you make sound.
This is not the harmful “shallow” breathing, but rather a physiological response to the relatively small body size.
It is feasible for an experienced voice instructor to distinguish between shallow breathing and spreading the breath into the chest; if you are experiencing breathing difficulties, the assistance of a voice teacher is essential.
Concentrate on taking slow, deep breaths to keep yourself comfortable. Consider the way your breath enters your body: from your stomach, up your sides, and out via your nose (or mouth). It’s possible to relax while focusing just on your breathing, which will result in your stomach moving down by itself if you’re having trouble getting it to do so instead of your shoulders. Lie down and place your hands on your sides. If you’re breathing properly, you’ll be able to feel your sides moving outwards.
- You should be able to feel as little enlargement in your lungs as you can.
- This is known as the “skyour breath” method.
- As a result, practicing in a car is not suggested, as you must maintain complete concentration on the road.
- Your diaphragm is basically an involuntary muscle that serves just to divide your lungs from your intestines.
- You can use your intercostal muscles (muscles that expand and compress the area between your ribs), your lower back muscles, and your abdominals to draw down on it to allow more expansion and air into your lungs.
- A disproportionate amount of attention is paid to inhalation by the majority of individuals.
- Even though you presumably only took a quick breath, your lungs are now fully inflated with air.
Instead of concentrating on your inhalation when singing, concentrate on using your abdominals and intercostal muscles to regulate your exhalation; your inhale will be taken care of by your abdominal muscles and intercostal muscles.
If the lungs are overfilled, they will naturally evacuate some air, which will make it difficult to sing properly.
While it is true that the majority of singers suffer from an inability to provide appropriate support, it is also true that many singers, when urged to “support more” or “use more abs,” will end up overdoing it and choking the breathing process.
Those who have a very tiny abdominal/chest cavity, such as youngsters, can find it difficult to take a full breath without using their chest cavity as a support.
Body movement while breathing can be affected by a variety of different medical issues.
It is possible for an experienced voice instructor to discern the difference between shallow breathing and inhaling deeply into the chest; if you are experiencing breathing difficulties, the assistance of a voice teacher is essential.
Preparing for a significant singing performance should always begin with a warm-up routine. It’s perfectly OK, and perhaps even expected, to completely suck when you first wake up in the morning and get ready for the day. The ability to sing well may not be attainable until after an hour or more of warming up. If you’re not singing well one day, it’s likely that you’re just having a bad day; these things happen to everyone, just like they do to athletes. Individual singing lessons are frequently the most effective and expedient method of learning, but only if you can encourage yourself to practice on your own.
- If you don’t have a practice place, check with your local high schools, universities, and music institutions; they frequently provide practice rooms that you may use for a small fee.
- However, if you attempt to practice singing while also playing an instrument, you may develop negative habits such as poor posture or a lack of concentration.
- Many vocalists have problems with their intonation or rhythm.
- When it comes to intonation problems, you must assess whether or not you are hearing the correct pitch or whether or not there is a defect in your technique.
- The majority of the time, it’s a problem with breath support or positioning.
- Make a recording of yourself, listen to it, and be really honest with yourself.
- After you get the notes and rhythms down, you may work on things like diction (how you pronounce your words), phrasing, and other aspects of your performance (when you should sing your loudest, when you should sing your softest, how connected should each note be to the next etc.).
Never, ever attempt to seem older than you are, or distort your voice in order to sound like someone other than yourself. Please refrain from attempting to make vibrato happen. If you’re utilizing the proper approach, you’ll notice that your voice naturally vibrates. Faking style comes off as disingenuous to the audience, and it does not draw attention to your strengths in the same way that your own particular interpretation of a performance would. It’s an unpleasant frequent prejudice that singers are only vocalists and not musicians, and this is a stereotype that should be challenged.
The nicest aspect of using a voice instrument is that yours will sound completely different from everyone else’s.
Do you want to make a cover?
There will be songs that you are unable to perform, or at the very least are unable to do as well as you would like.
If you can’t sing in the key that the song is performed in, it’s okay; there’s plenty of other music available that you may use. If you really must sing in a particular manner, just make sure that you do not sacrifice teachnique in the process.
Audition and Performance
If you’re going to perform or audition, choose a song that will allow you to showcase your greatest vocal qualities. Choose the song that is the most challenging in your repertoire, but also the one that you are most comfortable with performing. Performances are usually a little more challenging than practicing on your own, so if you’re not 100 percent confident in your ability to consistently execute the song, you’re better off choosing one that is a little simpler. Please read the following sections for particular auditioning advice: Tips for a successful audition, part 1 andadditional audition advice part 2.
The idea is to make the technical components of your performance second nature in order to serve the music and express an emotional experience to your audience.
While performing, some individuals methodically educate themselves what to stress and how to work the dynamics that make up the emotional content of the song, allowing them to concentrate on technique rather than feeling.
More information about this subject may be found here.
r/TheMysteriousSong – The Mysterious Song: Known information, facts, and important links.
You should choose a song that will best showcase your voice if you plan to perform or audition. Choose the song that you are most comfortable with, rather than the most challenging song in your repertoire. As a general rule, performing is more difficult than practicing alone, so if you’re not 100 percent certain in your ability to play the song, it’s best to choose one that is a little simpler. Please read the following for particular auditioning advice: Part 1 of our audition advice 2nd installment of audition advice Achieving a precise balance between paying attention to the technical and emotional parts of a performance might be the most difficult aspect of the job.
When it comes to performing, some individuals find that practicing endlessly and putting the lyrics and music on auto-pilot while they’re immersed in the feeling works well.
The difference between the two is just how good an actor you are. Find out more about this topic by visiting this link: Based on theold faqs and u/contribution ghoti023’s on detecting frequent difficulties, this post was produced in collaboration with/u/afrael.
- The first thing they said was: utm medium=web2x
- There are six tracks on the side of the tape that TMS is on (which was all selectively captured by their brother rather than simply a portion of radio that had been playing at the time), and they are as follows: utm medium=web2x
- Utm content=web2x
- Their first post: Their second revision is as follows: utm medium=web2x
- Their third revision is as follows: utm medium=web2x
- Their fourth revision is as follows: utm medium=web2x
- Their fifth update is as follows: Their sixth update, which includes a rip of side 1 of the tape, is as follows: Some considerations to bear in mind are as follows:
- False results are produced by software such as Shazam, Spotify, YouTube’s algorithm, and other similar programs. A combination of the music’s obscurity and an event in which someone going by the name of Nicholas uploaded and claimed credit for the song are to blame for its obscurity and obscurity. A fast way to tell if a musician is “Antwon01” is to look at the name of the artist. Everything, and I mean everything, requires verification around here, and with good reason. The fact that you claim to know vital information about the music but don’t explain how you know it or provide strong proof means that there is nothing to back up your assertions. There have been instances of trolling and disinformation, so be cautious about what information you choose to believe. It is your decision and your right to believe anything you choose, but it does not negate the need for prudence. Whenever you contact GEMA regarding their reportoire, be cautious of the language you use and the language used in any response you may receive in return. For example, as described in the preceding section, someone who inquired about a list of works produced between a specified range of years received no response. Several individuals have speculated that the song may be from a country other than Germany, such as Austria, Switzerland, Russia, or even Japan, and that the lyrics are in German. In the vocals, there are no distinguishable regional accent markers, and it’s possible that someone without an accent is trying to have an accent, which was a typical technique in music at the time. The number of musicians that were responsible has been hotly debated, with suggestions ranging from one to six persons being involved. It’s probable that TMS is a collaborative effort, given that it was typical for musicians to collaborate on side projects during the time period in question.
Fake results are produced by software such as Shazam, Spotify, and the YouTube algorithm, among other things. This is owing to the unusual nature of the music, as well as an event involving a person going by the name of Nicholas posting the song and claiming credit for it on the internet in question. A fast way to tell if a musician is “Antwon01” is to look at his or her name. In this place, evidence is required for everything, and with good reason…. It doesn’t matter if you claim to know important details about the music but don’t explain how you came to know them or provide sufficient evidence to back up your assertions; Trolling and disinformation are prevalent, so be cautious about the information you choose to believe.
Consider your language carefully when contacting GEMA about their reportoire, as well as the language of any answer you could get.
The song has been attributed to a region other than Germany, with some speculating that it originates in places such as Austria, Switzerland, Russia, or even Japan.
A great deal has been theorized about the number of musicians responsible, with estimates ranging from one to six individuals.