20 Ways To Call Spirits And Talk To The Dead
If you enjoy dabbling in the paranormal, there’s a good chance you’ve tried your hand at summoning a spirit using a Planchette at least once in your life. It’s certain that curiosity will take hold after reading this list, even if you’re not interested in bothering the ghosts. It’s easy to dismiss the claims of mystics and shamans, but I believe we all want to believe that there is some sort of magic in the universe. The following are several methods for (supposedly) summoning a ghost on your own.
1. Using an Ouija Board to converse with a spirit
The current form of the Ouija board comprises of a board that has been imprinted with all 26 letters of the alphabet as well as the numerals 0-9 on it. The words “Yes,” “No,” and “Goodbye” can also be seen on the board in various positions. In addition, a plastic heart is given. As a rumored ghost leads the object across the board, the players delicately press their fingers on it to generate answers to the searchers’ queries Brainjar is the source of this information.
2. Using a Planchette to communicate with spirits
As a result of the usage of planchettes to create cryptic written messages, there has been a growing idea that the gadgets may be used to communicate with ghosts. People who indulge in mysticism think the planchette is moved by the presence of spirits, despite the fact that it was originally employed as a plain wooden board for automatic writing. FineartAmerica is the source of this image.
3. Using a Pentagram to conjure demons
There are ceremonies in which individuals create a circle nine feet across, utilizing the pentagram as a symbol of the elements, as part of which they chant. One is produced for the summoner, while the other is used to summon and bind the spirit in the first place. Making the star and circle is often done as part of a bigger ritual, and the entire procedure is claimed to summon unexpected demons, so proceed at your own risk. rgbstock is the source of this image.
4. See spirits through a Crystal Ball
A human medium is thought to be able to see and hear the spirit’s speech through the use of a crystal ball, and to transfer the words from the spirit to the evoker. Usually, the medium is the one who communicates with the spirit world. In other circumstances, the spirit may be ‘housed’ in a symbolic picture or conjured into a diagram from which it is unable to leave without the consent of the magician. footballsack is the source of this information.
5. Using a mirror to summon a witch
Begin by working in a well-lit environment. Turn out the lights and light a few candles to set the mood. Once you’ve collected enough wax, apply it on the mirror using a brush. Sprinkle salt around the mirror and on your own body. Set up the candles all around you and have a very peaceful environment. Once the wall has dried, take a knife and carve the shape of the spirit you desire to conjure into the wax with it. Lastly, grab a knife and smear some of your blood on the mirror.
“Witches course through time, we are in desperate need of aid, Oh spirit, come, we call out to you.” Come and tell your stories till the wee hours of the morning.” “I would recommend leaving out the blood portion.” gotpoem is the source of this poetry.
6. Speak to the dead through candlelight
Light a white candle and direct your attention on the individual with whom you desire to communicate. Take two little pieces of paper and write the words ‘YES’ and ‘NO’ on one of them. Underneath the words, draw a pentagram using your pencil. Place the papers as close to the candle as you possibly can, without blocking the flame. To connect the spirit to the candle, mix salt into the melted candle wax before lighting it. Then inquire as to whether a spirit is present with us at this time. Follow the flame, and if it sways to the yes side, you’ll know there’s something there.
Snuff out the candle when you’ve finished.
7. Spell to see or hear a spirit
Consider a dead member in your family who you knew or heard about, and chant the following: “Show yourself, spirit reveal, spirit come to me so I know you are real!” You should be able to see or hear a ghost at this point. It’s eerie stuff. lin, as a source of information
8. Summon a Succubus or Incubus
Succubus: A female demon that is believed to engage in sexual relations with sleeping males is referred to as a succubus. Incubus is a male demon who is supposed to have sexual relations with sleeping women, according to legend. At midnight, create a mental image of what you want your Succubus/Incubus to seem to be. “Oh succubus of mine, I summon to thee with this blood offering to come to me thus may it be!” chant you as you pierce your finger and suck the blood. sleepingresources.com is the source of this information.
9. Summon a vampire or werewolf
You will need a piece of paper, a pencil, salt, and lavender for this. Make a spiral on the paper and cut it out with an X through it. Sprinkle some salt along the perimeter of the circle and then light the lavender. “I summon you, a (vampire/werewolf) to this chamber!” you should chant now. I order you to remain within my circle of protection. I’ve summoned you in order to solicit your assistance for my aims. “Therefore, more be!” That’s all there is to it; you now have a creature of darkness in your company.
fanpop is the source of this information.
10. Spell for good luck
A piece of paper, a pencil, salt, and lavender are required for this. Make a spiral on the paper and cut it out with an X across the middle of the spiral. Toss some salt around the circle before lighting the lavender. “I summon you, a (vampire/werewolf), to this chamber!” you should chant now. I order you to remain within my protective circle. Your presence is required so that I may consult with you about my plans. In that case, even better! That’s it; you’ve now been infected by a beast of the night.
fanpop is the source of this information.
11. How to summon a storm
You’ll need a piece of paper, a pencil, salt, and lavender for this. Make a spiral on the paper and cut it out with an X. Sprinkle some salt along the perimeter of the circle and light the lavender. “I summon you, a (vampire/werewolf) to this chamber!” you should chant.
I command you to remain within my circle of protection. I have summoned you in order to solicit your assistance for my aims. “Let there be more!” That’s it; you now have a monster of the night in your midst. Take care not to be bitten! Fanpop is the source of this information.
12. Summon the Grim Reaper
Before you begin, arrange 20 candles in a circle around the circle you just cast and light them all in a clockwise direction. Then say, “Grim Reaper,Grim Reaper I conjure you Grim Reaper. Be my servant. Be my buddy. May it be cast while this spell is being written.” Then, after a few days, a ghost with a scythe should come in your dreams as you sleep. Don’t be concerned, he’s completely harmless! Source: paranormal occurrences
13. Summon an Angel
A white candle should be lit at midnight with the following words: “Oh heavenly beings of light, I call to you, please come here now.” “Let things be as it is.” Bring on the harp melody and the celestial chimes. Unless, of course, they are the type of angels who came from Constantine. cdn is the source of the information.
14. SummonBloody Mary
For starters, light two red candles and head to the restroom. Replace a red candle on the left and a white candle on the right of the sink, and turn off the lights. Turn on the faucet and chant, “Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary,” while the water comes out. I’m praying that I don’t end up with the drink and not the spirit that predicts the future. kym is the source of this information.
15. Summon a Fairy
In order to entice a couple of friendly fairies to visit your lawn or garden, locate an area of bare dirt and create a circle of fairy footprints by cutting little footprint forms out of a sheet of construction paper. Place the paper on the ground and sprinkle it with sugar or powdered milk to make it more appealing. Then slide the paper down the table and continue the process until you have completed a full circle. Place a few flower petals in the center of the vase. “Small folk of sparkling wing, little folk of dancing feet, heed my words to you and bring blessings with you when we meet,” you should chant at this point.
16. The haunted call spell
Take 5 green candles and place them in a circle around your room for 3 days to see ghosts. After that, pick five petals off a red rose and set them on fire. In the following step, take a knife and prick your thumb with it, allowing your blood to drip onto the candles without putting out the flames, while chanting, “God of my world and the next, lend me your sight, give me the power to see things that can give people fright, for far too long they’ve been trapped in the dark, but now let them in the light.” Finally, use the juice of a lemon to extinguish the flames.
seasonshadows is the source of this information.
17. Summon Lucifer
You should only use this incantation at your own peril! Lucifer, Ouyar, Chameron, Aliseon, Mandousin, Premy, Oriet, Naydru, Esmony, Eparinesoni, Estiot, Dumosson, Danochar, Casmiel, Hayras, Fabelleronthou, Sodirno, Peatham; Lucifer; Lucifer; Lucifer; Lucifer; Lucifer; Lucifer; Lucifer; Lucifer; Lucifer; Lucifer; Lucifer; Luci Shemhamforash!“ I have absolutely no notion what any of that implies. spectator as a source of information
18. Conjure vapour monsters
Go outside at midnight on a full moon night and concentrate on the creature you want to summon, albeit the type of monster you call will also be determined by your surroundings.
Allow the moonlight to shine off of you and say, “Gods and goddesses, summon something dreadful for me by the power inside.” “Mote It Be!” says the mote. Say this aloud 10 times and brace yourself for a panic attack. Ghost Secrets is the source of this information.
19. Spell to call a lost sister
“Power of the sisters rise, Course unseen over the heavens, come to us who call you close, come to us and settle here, blood to blood, I summon thee, blood to blood, return to me,” the chant goes outdoors in the middle of the night. edgecast is the source of this information.
20. Summon family witches
Salt is used to draw a Pentagram, and candles are placed at each of the five points of the star. Standing in a circle around the Pentagram with your hands clasped together, chanting “I summon out from space and time, matriarchs from the family line: Mothers, Daughters, Fathers, Sons.” Our Family’s spirit will never die, therefore please come together at this spot and assist us!” It tells you about a member of your family who had a magical streak. edinburghorror.com is the source of this information.
Did you hear that?
Is there a ceremonial behavior that has lost its significance? In no way, shape, or form. Chanting is still a popular psychosomatic method of achieving physical and intellectual well-being. Mantra chanting is thought to be effective in removing anxiety, anger, and depression, as well as in alleviating problems of the respiratory, digestive, reproductive, circulatory, speech, intellectual, and cognitive systems, among other things. Vedic chanting is claimed to aid in the development of one’s mental abilities and strength, as well as the alleviation of stress and the attainment of a higher level of consciousness.
- The relationship between sound and the human psyche It seemed impossible that a simple chanting ritual could bring about such significant transformations.
- “Take a look at this.
- “It has a calming effect on the mind and body.” The specific mechanism by which a chant operates is currently being investigated at sites such as the Brahmvarchas Shodh Sansthan, a study center for the merger of science and spirituality located in Haridwar.
- The vibration of the organism is in sync with the energy and spiritual appeal of a chant, as a result of the thought-energy waves generated by chants.
- Even if the meaning of the mantra is unknown, such an impact can be produced by it.
- “The transformation takes place step by step, over a period of time,” explains Menaka Desikachar, senior exponent and former director of vedic chanting at Kentucky Institute of Technology.
- This is referred to as the Psycholinguistic impact by scientists (PLE).
- According to Dr.
Chandrasekhar of the VHF, where chanting is integrated into yogasana-based healing programs, “Some patients arrive in such a disorganized state that it is impossible for them to participate in a healing program; therefore, we ask them to simply listen to a particular chant, after which they become composed and perform the asanas and say the chanting.” When you listen to mantras, it helps to control your blood pressure, heart rate, brain waves, and adrenalin level.
- However, keep in mind that, just as with conventional drugs, there are particular chants for specific reasons as well.
- Meditation necessitates concentration, which can be difficult to attain.
- As K.
- Wesha Sundar explains how yoga harmonizes the body and mind as well as the voice and breath, resulting in inner harmony and paving the road for spiritual enlightenment.
- Ramesh managed to quit drinking and smoking as well as the impulse to overeat.
- A young kid with Down’s syndrome who no longer drools or behaves in a bewildered manner, for example.
- Uma, for example, has overcome her menstrual problems.
- Give it a go.
- * Take advice from a guru.
- To preserve bodily energy, sit on a mat.
* Try to keep the chanting in sync with the rhythm of your breathing. * Keep your eyes closed at all times. * Take long, leisurely breaths. * Don’t be stiff in your posture. Allow your muscles to unwind. * Give it some time. The consequences are gradual, but they are certain to occur.
Morning prayers to the universe, your ancestors, your guiding spirits
Are you talking about a ceremonial behavior that has lost its significance? In no way, shape, or form! A popular psychosomatic approach to physical and intellectual well-being, chanting is still in demand today. In addition to removing anxiety, anger, and despair, it is claimed that regular chanting of mantras would assist to alleviate diseases of the respiratory system as well as the digestive, reproductive, circulatory, oral motor, and cognitive systems. One’s mental powers and strength are believed to be developed by Vedic chanting.
- If you want to be a high achiever, chanting will also help you boost your memory and ability to concentrate.
- Chanting, on the other hand, does not function in a strange manner.
- The specific mechanism by which a chant operates is currently being investigated at sites such as the Brahmvarchas Shodh Sansthan, a study center for the merging of science and spirituality in Haridwar.
- The vibration of the organism is in sync with the energy and spiritual appeal of a chant, as a result of the thought-energy waves generated by chanting.
- Even if the meaning of the mantra is unknown, such an impact can be produced by repeating it.
- KYM’s Menaka Desikachar, senior exponent and former director of vedic chanting, explains how the change occurs step by step over a period of time.
- Psycholinguistic impact is what scientists refer to this phenomenon as (PLE).
- According to Dr.
Chandrasekhar of the VHF, where chanting is integrated into yogasana-based healing programs, “Some patients arrive in such a disorganized state that it is impossible for them to participate in a healing program; therefore, we ask them to simply listen to a specific chant, after which they become composed and perform the asanas and say the chanting.” Blood pressure, pulse rate, brain waves, and adrenalin levels are all regulated through mantra listening.
- However, keep in mind that, much as with conventional drugs, there are particular chants for certain uses as well.
- The ability to concentrate is necessary for meditation; nevertheless, this is difficult to obtain.
- “When I’m chanting, I’ll sometimes find myself drifting into a meditative state without even realizing it,” says K.
- Probably for this reason, chanting is so beneficial to children.
- Many people have learned that chanting may lead to a better level of well-being, and they have shared their findings with others.
- Ramesh, who, after a year of daily chanting, was able to give up drinking, smoking, and the inclination to overeat.
- A young child with Down’s syndrome who no longer drools or behaves in a bewildered manner, for example, Shanthi, for example, has asthma that is well-controlled.
- Kamakshi, who has used meditation to get herself out of a long-standing state of despair…
- METHOD OF APPROACHING THE PROBLEM * Pick up some tips from an authority on the subject.
- To preserve bodily energy, sit on a mat.
In sync with your breathing, chant in a rhythm that seems natural. Make sure you aren’t looking at anything. Do not hold yourself rigidly in your breathing. * Breathe deeply and slowly Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to rest your muscles. However, the consequences are gradual and certain.
Are you talking about a ceremonial activity that has lost its relevance? This isn’t the case at all. Chanting is still a popular psychosomatic method of attaining physical and intellectual well-being. In addition to removing anxiety, anger, and despair, it is claimed that regular chanting of mantras would assist to alleviate problems of the respiratory system as well as the digestive, reproductive, circulatory, oral motor, and intellectual and cognitive systems. Vedic chanting is claimed to aid in the development of one’s mental abilities and strength, as well as the reduction of stress and the attainment of a higher level of awareness.
- The relationship between sound and the psyche It seemed impossible that simple chanting can bring about such dramatic transformations.
- “Consider this: Physically, chanting in the correct manner has an influence on the abdomen area (where the notes of the chant are raised), the lungs, the circulatory system and other systems,” explains Radha Sundararajan, director of chanting at Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram.
- Chants, according to analysis, are energy-based noises, and the act of uttering a word or a sound causes a physical vibration.
- According to scientists, when a mantra is sung in a rhythmic manner, it has a neuro-linguistic effect.
“All you need is a good ear, the ability to stay loyal to the punctuations, pauses, pronunciation, notation, length, and force of the chant, and the willingness to repeat it over and over.” KYM’s Menaka Desikachar, senior exponent and former director of vedic chanting, explains how the change occurs step by step over time.
- Psycholinguistic effect is the term used by scientists to describe this phenomenon (PLE).
- “Some patients arrive in such a disorganized state that they are unable to participate in a healing program; as a result, we ask them to simply listen to a specific chant, after which they become composed and perform the asanas and say the chanting,” explains Dr.
- Chandrasekhar, VHF, where chanting is incorporated into yogasana-based healing programs.
- But keep in mind that, just as with regular drugs, there are specialized chants for various uses.
- Meditation necessitates intense concentration, which is difficult to attain.
- “When I’m chanting, I’ll sometimes find myself drifting into a meditative state without even realizing it,” says K.
This is most likely why chanting is so beneficial to children.
There are a large number of people who have realized that chanting can bring you to a greater level of well-being: Like businessman K.
A young kid with Down’s syndrome who no longer drools or acts in a bewildered manner, for example.
Uma, for example, has overcome menstruation abnormalities.
It’s worth a shot.
A guru not only teaches you how to repeat a mantra correctly, but he or she also understands the mantra you require.
* Chant slowly and loudly, according to the proper pronunciation and emphasis.
* Keep the chanting in sync with the rhythm of your breathing. * Close your eyes for a moment. * Take long, leisurely breaths. * Don’t hold yourself rigid. Allow your muscles to relax. * Give yourself some time. The consequences are gradual, but they will eventually manifest themselves.
I thank you for enabling me to wake up this morning. I thank you for my breath. I thank you for my body. I thank you for this trip. I thank you for everything. I thank you for those who brought me into this world. I thank you for ensuring that all of my fundamental needs are addressed on a daily basis—(sunlight, water, the food on my table, the clothing on my back, my house, my mobility, my employment, and so on….) Thanks for everything. I thank you for my family (you can name them one by one if you wish)I thank you for my community (you can name them one by one if you wish)I thank you for my comrades (you can name them one by one if you wish)I thank you for my elders (you can name them one by one if you wish)I thank you for everything.
(You may include anything else that you are grateful for.)
This morning, I thank you for enabling me to awaken; I thank you for my breath; I thank you for my body; and I thank you for this voyage. I thank you for those who brought me into this world. I thank you for ensuring that all of my fundamental needs are addressed on a daily basis—(sunlight, water, the food on my table, the clothing on my back, my house, my mobility, my employment, and so on…). Thanks for everything. I thank you for my family (you can name them one by one if you wish), I thank you for my community (you can name them one by one if you wish), I thank you for my comrades (you can name them one by one if you wish), I thank you for my elders (you can name them one by one if you wish), and I thank you for….
Protection and Blessings
Please keep me (us) safe from harm. Please keep me (us) safe from illness. Protect me (us) from legal actionProtect me (us) from financial ruin Please keep me safe from the grasp of…. In addition to the above, you can add anything else you want to be protected from. My prayers are for long life, excellent bodily, spiritual, and mental health; for a cool mind and for calm in the world; fortitude; resiliency; clarity; courage; and self-love. I pray for the following things:…. Include anything else you wish to pray for, including specific individuals.
Many indigenous peoples across the world have been performing libations for thousands of years. Put simply, it is the act of sprinkling cool water or alcohol over the earth/ground in order to draw coolness into our surroundings and ourselves. Prior to a ritual or dialogue, whether it is at a demonstration or in your home, workplace, conference room, or other spaces that are part of your everyday life or that are part of your community space or events, libations can be performed.
The concept of “coolness”
Many indigenous peoples throughout the world have practiced libations for hundreds of years. Put simply, it is the act of sprinkling cool water or alcohol over the soil or ground in order to draw coolness into our surroundings and ourselves.
Prior to a ritual or dialogue, whether it is at a demonstration or in your house, workplace, conference room, or other venues that are part of your everyday life or that are part of your community’s activities, libations can be performed.
Make use of a small bowl and fill it half-way up with water. Check to see if the water is at room temperature or even chilly (do not use hot water) While chanting the first sentence below, dip your index finger into the water and drop a few droplets of water onto the ground while dipping your index finger into the water Each of the phrases that follow should be chanted while you repeat the previous sentence. Mother Earth, may you be cool. May our guiding spirits keep us calm at all times. May our forefathers and foremothers remain calm.
- You might also include: May all of your talks be pleasant.
- May our movement be refreshing.
- May this day be pleasant.
- (add any other thing, situation, event, etc you want to bring coolness to) Call and answer three times to bring the libation to a close.
Sleep paralysis: The devil, the ghost & the old hag
Pour half a cup of water into a small dish to start. See to it that you have warm or cold water available to you at all times (do not use hot water) While chanting the first sentence below, dip your index finger into the water and drop a few droplets of water onto the ground while dipping your index finger into the water. Each of the words that follow should be repeated while chanting. Wishing you a pleasant day on mother earth Wishing us all the best with our guiding spirits Hopefully, our forefathers were not too hot.
- You might also include the following information.
- I wish you a pleasant day.
- Keep the cool of those who wish to do me harm!
- It is possible…..
- the group answers.
Is it a Ghost, or Just Sleep Paralysis?
You’ve tucked yourself into bed, anticipating a restful night’s sleep. Despite the fact that you’re starting to nod off, you haven’t fallen asleep yet. That’s when you become aware of the presence of something in the room near your bed. Despite your terror, you are unable to shout, flee, or cry out loud. You’re paralyzed with terror. Sleep paralysis is the term used to describe this occurrence. Sleep paralysis is a medical condition in which a person is cognizant but unable to move due to lack of oxygen.
As a result, it is a frightening, almost nightmare experience to be aware of an intruder but be powerless to respond to him. Fortunately, this is nothing more than the result of a brain that is only half awake.
When does sleep paralysis occur?
You’ve tucked yourself into bed, eager to get some rest. Your eyes begin to close, but you haven’t gone asleep totally yet. During this time, you may become aware of a presence in the room adjacent to your bedroom. It is impossible for you to shout or run away despite your fear. Because of your dread, you’ve become immobile. Sleep paralysis is the term used to describe this condition. When a person is sleep paralyzed, he or she is still intellectually cognizant but physically unable to move. Occasionally, it is accompanied with vivid hallucinations of intruders in the bedroom, which can be unsettling.
The good news is that this is nothing more than the result of a brain that is only half-awake.
Why does sleep paralysis occur?
During sleep, your body alternates between REM (rapid eye movement) and NREM (non-rapid eye movement) sleep cycles. During NREM, your body is in a state of relaxation. However, as your body enters REM sleep, your eyes begin to move more quickly and you begin to dream more vividly than usual. During the rapid eye movement (REM) stage, your muscles “switch off,” which is an evolutionary strategy designed to prevent you from acting out your fantasies while you are sleeping. It is possible, though, that if you begin to awaken before the REM cycle is complete, you will find yourself stuck when you first become cognizant.
What Can You Do to Make a Difference?
According to research, an irregular sleep/wake cycle may be a contributing cause to sleep paralysis.
- The ability to comprehend what is being place might make the experience less overwhelming–reading this blog article is a wonderful place to begin! If you want to shorten the duration and intensity of an attack, try to relax and breathe normally.
- It is possible to break the paralysis by concentrating on moving one little muscle, such as a finger, and bring the attack to an end.
Consultation services are available upon request. Other posts that you might be interested in reading are:
- Narcolepsy: The Science and Symptoms of the Disorder
- Hypersomnia (constant sleepiness)
- New Sleep Duration Guidelines
- Hypersomnia in Children
- What You Should Know About Sleep
- 10 of the Most Important Things You Should Know About Sleep
- Sleep Deprivation Has Dangerous Consequences
Nausea and sleepiness are two symptoms of Narcolepsy. New Sleep Duration Guidelines for People with Hypersomnia; Constant Sleepiness; Hypersomnia What You Should Know About Sleep; 10 of the Most Important Things You Should Know About Sleep Sleep Deprivation Has Dangerous Consequences.
Julia joined Advanced Sleep Medicine Services, Inc. in 2011 as a sales, marketing, and customer service professional with a history in the healthcare industry. She is presently the vice president of marketing and operations, and she relishes the opportunity to educate and communicate with folks who want to improve their health by getting more restful nights of sleep.
How to remove a ghost
It’s the season for all things eerie and supernatural. So, if you have a haunted house, who do you call to investigate it? What about someone who claims to be able to see the spirits of the dead? Denise Guzzardo, a medium and psychic, claims that having a pet ghost has become practically fashionable in recent years. “People having a good time until the ghost begins smashing stuff and making the dog bark at four o’clock in the morning. That’s when they get in touch with me.” Guzzardo understands that this may seem strange to most people, but she claims to have been able to communicate with the dead since she was three years old.
- “My parents simply put it up to the fact that we were imaginary buddies.” It wasn’t until her father died unexpectedly in a vehicle accident when she was 17 that things really started to pick up speed.
- “He was constantly concerned about my well-being and making it home safely.” Guzzardo has been a go-to psychic for police agencies in recent years, and she even appeared on a Travel Channel episode on local haunts, which followed her as she walked around Excalibur nightclub.
- “It’s a really creepy place.” “I’ve never been among such a huge group of imprisoned souls who were so joyful as I was in the Dome Room at Excalibur, and it was an unforgettable experience.
- The medium reveals that sometimes people are scared when she arrives because they are unsure if they want to get rid of the spirit.
- Guzzardo, on the other hand, believes that spirits who are “in the light” would never attempt to terrify you.
- However, you could get a whiff of their perfume or catch a glimpse of them down the corridor.
- According to her, she was summoned to a residence where a boy who used to live there had committed himself by hanging himself in the basement.
As she recalls, “I was standing in the kitchen when a camera bag flew off the counter and smacked me in the behind in front of everyone.” “One lady was so taken aback that she really looked to see if I’d attached a wire onto the bag, she was that shocked.
People are going to be very taken aback.” According to Guzzardo, the most effective method of getting rid of ghosts is to ignore them.
Here are a few more of Guzzardo’s suggestions for dealing with a haunted house.
“This has its roots in Native American traditions,” she explains further.
Then avoid drawing anyone’s attention to them.
This just serves to energize the depressed spirits and encourages them to become more active.” “This keeps them out,” says the homeowner, after sprinkling salt on the front door.
It’s a good idea to keep votives on hand so that you may light them in each area.” Order a bouquet of white roses.” White roses have the effect of sucking the life out of the room.
“Take this starting the day following the full moon and continuing until the next new moon, if necessary.
This is a 14-day window of opportunity “She goes on to explain. “It will be far too much labor otherwise,” says the author. Is there anything she didn’t mention? Please let us know! [email protected]
How to Sleep Well – 6 Tips From Sadhguru
|Table of Content|
|1. Six Tips on How to Sleep Well|
|2. Tip1: Take a Shower|
|3. Tip2: Don’t Sleep Right After a Meal|
|4. Tip3: Light a Lamp|
|5. Tip4: Remember That Time Is Running Out!|
|6. Tip5: Keep Things Aside|
|7. Tip6: Do Not “Head North”|
|8. How to Improve Sleep Quality|
|9. Shambhavi Mahamudra|
|10. Sleep – Your Way to True Aliveness|
Six Tips on How to Sleep Well
Sadhguru: Do you ever wake up in the morning and feel unattractive for no apparent reason? Do you ever wonder why this is happening? If it occurs more than twice or three times a year, you must take particular precautions before going to bed to avoid more complications. This is quite crucial. In your sleep, you might unintentionally incubate a great deal of either negative or good thoughts. In sleep, you have the ability to incubate either pleasantness or unpleasantness in a consistent and unbroken manner.
However, if you have a propensity to go to bed in a specific way and you wake up in the morning feeling quite ill for no apparent reason, it is likely that you are incubating harmful eggs very well during the nighttime hours of darkness.
Getting rid of these items from your life is really crucial.
Tip1: Take a Shower
Sadhguru: You may notice that one morning when you get up, you have a general impression of being unattractive without any apparent cause. It is necessary to take particular precautions before going to bed if this occurs even twice or three times a year. It is of critical importance to understand. If you don’t pay attention, you might unknowingly incubate a lot of things, both harmful and beneficial. Sleep allows you to incubate either pleasure or discomfort in an unbroken manner, and this is really beneficial.
Alternatively, if you have a habit of going to bed in a specific way and you wake up in the morning feeling extremely rotten for no apparent reason, this indicates that you are incubating bad eggs very well in the nighttime hours.
It is critical that you do away with these items from your life.
Tip2: Don’t Sleep Right After a Meal
Sadhguru: Do you ever wake up in the morning and feel unattractive for no apparent reason? If it occurs even twice or three times a year, you must take particular precautions before going to bed. It is of critical importance. In sleep, you might unintentionally incubate a wide range of emotions, both unpleasant and joyful. In sleep, you may very efficiently incubate either pleasantness or unhappiness in an unbroken manner. However, because of the numerous pauses, incubation does not take place particularly well during the day.
This isn’t only about psychological difficulties; it may also result in serious bodily problems if left untreated for an extended length of time. Getting rid of these items from your life is really crucial. So, before you retire for the night, there are a few things that you should attend to.
Tip3: Light a Lamp
Another thing you may do is simply light an organic oil lamp as a decorative item. Do not use anything other than a cotton wick when burning a candle. You can use any organic oil with a cotton wick, such as linseed oil, rice-bran oil, sesame oil, olive oil, or any other organic oil. Simply placing one little bulb in a strategic location in your sleeping area will allow you to see that these items will entirely disappear.
Tip4: Remember That Time Is Running Out!
Keep in mind that you are, in fact, a mortal being at all times. Not only in words, but truly understand that you may pass away at any time. I will grant you a long life, but it is possible that either you or I might pass away at any time in the future. Spend a few minutes before bedtime sitting on your bed with the mindset that you are on your deathbed and that you have just one more minute to live. Please keep this in mind. Thank you. This is not intended to instill dread or paranoia, but rather to provide an accurate picture of the situation.
If you are cognizant of your mortality, you will devote your time and energy to just those activities that you actually like.
Just take a step back and consider whether or not what you did today was beneficial.
In addition, who knows if you will be sitting on your deathbed or laying in a hospital with all kinds of things stuck into your body when it happens.
Tip5: Keep Things Aside
Simply do this task before retiring to bed. Maintain complete separation from everything you have accumulated in the previous three minutes — your body, the substance of your thinking, and the minor details. Do not neglect the minor things; these small things are often the most important ones. I’ve seen that folks are bringing their own personal pillow since they believe it is quite significant. Set aside your pillow, your footwear, your social network, and everything else you’ve accumulated so that you may sleep peacefully at night.
You will awaken to a world filled with far more light, energy, and possibilities than you could have ever dreamed.
Simply keep everything as low as possible.
Tip6: Do Not “Head North”
If you sleep with your head to the north and in a horizontal position during the night, the blood will slowly be drawn into your brain, which is beneficial. In order to sleep soundly, there must be an excessive amount of circulation in the brain. Having any form of naturally weak elements in your brain, or being elderly, increases your chances of dying in your sleep significantly. Hemorrhage can occur when too much blood tries to reach the brain, which has hairlike blood arteries, and fails. Simply sleep as life – not as a man or a woman, not as this or that – and wake up refreshed.
- As a result of the planet’s magnetic attraction, something additional is being pushed in its direction.
- The strain on the head becomes quite powerful the instant you fall to the ground.
- If you are visiting Australia, you should avoid traveling to the southernmost part of the country.
- It’s fine if you want to phrase it another way.
- I was wondering if you would be willing to speak with me about it.
- Because this individual appeared to be well-off on the surface, the judge inquired of him, “Do you have enough in life?” “Can you tell me why you’re taking from other people?” “Well, you know, the wise have always said, ‘Whatever a man may have, he always wants more,'” the thief explained.
- I’ll grant you ten years.
It would be wonderful if you would not seek anything else in your waking hours – just be, would you?
It is believed that if you sleep in complete relaxation, gene expression and other processes in the body would occur more rapidly and efficiently.
Although it is not ideal if you are inefficient when awake, please understand that we will be patient with you.
When you die, you really do die.
Sleep is a situation in which you are on the verge of transitioning from the world of noises to the world of quiet, but you can only transition into the world of silence if you are conscious of doing so.
In the world of sounds and forms, you may move around in complete ignorance, but you cannot move around in the world of silence, which is devoid of any vibration and devoid of any shapes, in complete ignorance.
How to Improve Sleep Quality
The goal is to utilize sleep as a springboard for waking, to unite with all that is real – rather than as a means of becoming inactive, dead, and removed from everything that is real. Improving sleep quality does not need sleeping like a stone all of the time. However, using a stone as an example is incorrect since, in my view, stones are extremely alive — far more alive than the majority of human beings. “Sleeping like a log” would be a more appropriate term because a log is no longer alive — it is no longer a tree.
Incorporating even a little quantity of this element into your sleep can naturally lead to the development of meditation skills over time.
Many different approaches have been used to try to integrate this feature into people’s lives, beginning with the Shambhavi Mahamudra. Shambhavi is a Sanskrit word that meaning “between day and night,” or “between night and day.” Twilight signifies that you are sleepy, but you are awake; that you are asleep, but you are awake; that you are asleep, but you are awake. A Yogi must first change the quality of his or her sleep – not the quantity – before he or she can progress to the next level of development.
While sleeping, your body should sleep, your mind should sleep, but you must remain aware throughout the process.
Sleep – Your Way to True Aliveness
Aliveness is not a state that can be achieved; rather, it is inherent in you. Having the quality of absolute life – not of a mind, not a thought, not an emotion, not an ideology, not a philosophy, not a belief system, not a gender, not a race, not a caste, not a religion – means having the quality of absolute life. If you come into contact with life on this level, you will learn through personal experience that life and the source of life are inextricably intertwined. If you come to this place simply as a component of life, there will be no distinction between yourself and the Supreme Being.
It will perform a wide range of miracles.
Nirgun As there is nothing that I can legitimately claim as mine, neither this body nor anybody else, neither this world nor the other, neither friends nor foes, there is no place for them.
Transparency without substance is what I am here.
A Being without a sense of self. As a result, activity has been replaced with stillness. My Silence in the midst of the din of the world My Being is a part of the very Cosmos. Please see our series on sleep for advice on how to improve your sleep quality and a whole lot more. LoveGraceEditor’s Note:
Living with the dead
While the majority of us are uncomfortable with the thought of or discussion of death, certain individuals are receptive to such thoughts and discussions. The deceased are a continual presence in the Toraja area of Sulawesi, Indonesia, where they play an important role in daily life.
Warning: Readers may find some images disturbing.
With the exception of a few photos on the walls and a few pieces of furniture, the basic wood-paneled living room is filled with the sounds of conversation and the fragrance of coffee. It’s a small, private family get-together. When one of the guests inquires about the host’s father, the atmosphere shifts dramatically. Everyone’s attention is drawn to a little room in the corner, where an elderly gentleman is resting on a brightly colored bed. In a calm voice, his daughter, Mamak Lisa, responds, “He’s still unwell.” Mamak Lisa gets to her feet and comes up to the elderly gentleman, gently shaking his hand.
- After that, she asks me to come inside the house and meet Paulo Cirinda.
- My gaze is riveted on the floor beside the bed.
- His skin is rough and dark, riddled with innumerable holes, as if it has been devoured by insects, and he has a beard.
- It is only after I have been starring at him for far too long that his little grandkids come into the room and bring me back to the present.
- It’s almost as if the other one is screaming, “Granddad, wake up and let’s go eat!” “Shhh… Grandpa is asleep, so please don’t wake him up “Mamak Lisa takes a snarl at them.
- Paulo Cirinda, the subject of this story, died more than 12 years ago, but his family believes he is still very much alive.
- It’s a centuries-old ritual for more than a million people from this corner of the globe, the Toraja region of Sulawesi in eastern Indonesia, where it’s been practiced for ages.
After someone passes away, it may be months, if not years, before a funeral service is held for them.
Their needs are met twice daily with food, drink, and smokes.
The dead even have their own “potty,” which is a bowl in the corner of the room.
The families are concerned that if they do not properly care for the bodies, the spirits of their dead loved ones would cause them grief.
Formalin, a preservative chemical, is now used in place of iodine nowadays.
Mamak Lisa, who is caressing her father’s leathery cheeks, says she still has a deep emotional connection with him despite the passage of time.
Even though we’re all Christians, she continues with a palm on the heart, “relatives frequently visit him or contact him to see how he’s doing since we believe he can hear us and is still alive.”
Find out more
The lack of fear of the dead here, in contrast to what I’m used to, surprises me. Several years ago, my father passed suddenly, and he was buried nearly quickly – before I had a chance to completely comprehend the gravity of what had happened. I haven’t fully figured out how to deal with my sadness yet. Mamak’s caption for the image Lisa Lisa informs me, much to my surprise, that having her father in the house has made it easier for her to grieve. It has given her the opportunity to gradually acclimate to his new identity – that of a deceased man.
- However, rather than aiming for a luxury lifestyle, they are putting money aside in preparation for a spectacular exit.
- A huge parade through the town will precede the last exit of his body from the family house, which will seem impossibly sumptuous in comparison.
- It is thought that buffaloes are the bearers of the soul into the hereafter, which is why families sacrifice as many buffaloes as they can to make the journey easier for the departed on their way to the afterlife.
- Once the families have collected enough money, they invite all of their friends and relatives from all around the world to the celebration.
- An elderly gentleman named Dengen, who passed away more than a year ago, is the subject of my attendance at his burial.
- It takes four days to conduct his burial, during which time 24 buffaloes and hundreds of pigs are killed in his honor.
- His son informs me that the funeral has cost in excess of $50,000 – or more than ten times the average yearly income of the deceased family member.
We had a little ceremony for him, with just close family members present, in a tiny, dark, and quiet location.
After the burial, it’s finally time to lay the deceased to rest in peace.
Instead, they are either interred in family graves or placed inside or outside caves – which are many in this hilly region due to the fact that it is a mountainous location.
They can be miles long and include a plethora of coffins and bodies, as well as loose skulls and bones, among other things.
Image of noblemen and ladies who have died are meticulously carved out of wood, according to a custom that pre-dates the invention of photography.
The average cost of making one is around $1,000.
The physical contact between the dead and the living persists for a long time after death, according to a rite known as ma’nene, which translates as “cleaning of the corpses.” A major reunion with the dead takes place every couple of years, when families bring the coffins of long-deceased relatives out of their graves and open them up.
- Then they join them in a new set of family photographs to be taken.
- I accompany them as they make their way.
- The combination of chanting and the sound of women sobbing creates a weird mood.
- She is said to be 93 years old.
- The guys carry out a crimson cylindrical casket with geometrical designs in gold and silver that has been adorned with gold and silver leaf.
- However, there is one more rite that must be performed before the casket may be opened, and that is the sacrifice of a buffalo.
- The body of a little, elderly woman lays unmoving within the building’s walls.
Her lips and eyes are only partially open, and her grey skin gives her the appearance of a stone statue rather than a deceased lady.
A baseball cap is worn by her son, her oldest son, who works in the Indonesian capital, Jakarta, and who appears to be in a state of complete serenity.
The same way Cirinda’s family refers to her in the present tense, Maria Solo’s relatives continue to speak about her as if she were still alive.
Even I have ceased to be nervous.
She tells me that ma’nene helps to alleviate the load of her sadness and to bring back memories of long-deceased loved ones.
Estersobon, on the other hand, maintains that it makes no difference to how family members remember the deceased.
A common practice in many communities is to dress the body in a different attire and even take it for a walk around the hamlet.
As a result, little by bit, the old ways are being transformed.
Animist faiths, according to Andy Tandi Lolo, were attempted to be outlawed entirely when Dutch missionaries first came in the country less than a century ago.
These customs may appear weird to those in other parts of the world.
However, it is possible that the underlying concepts are not all that unlike from those found in other civilizations. Many of us make an effort to remember those who have passed away. The Torajans, on the other hand, adopt a completely different strategy.
Watch Sahar Zand’s video report from the Toraja region of Sulawesi here
Despite the fact that his father died two years ago, John Lasso continues to bring him food, coffee, and smokes on a daily basis. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter to be a part of the conversation.
death – Hinduism
Although his father passed away two years ago, John Lasso continues to bring him food, coffee, and smokes. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter to be a part of the conversation!
Hindus believe that human life has been assigned a span of 120 years, which seems unusual in a society where the average life expectancy was less than 30 years until the twentieth century. Their understanding of death as a process is completely unproblematic for them. Legends about early Vedic gods stated that the deity who ruled the ears died at an early age, and that the gods who ruled the eyes, hands, and brains died at an even earlier age as well. When devout Hindus believe that death is coming, they begin to chant the monosyllableOm again in their minds.
- A direct trip tomoka is guaranteed if it is the final word spoken by a person before passing through the mouth.
- The gap between the ground and the ceiling is considered to represent the turbulent area between the earth and the sky, and individuals who die there are said to return as malevolent spirits after death.
- A Hindu should never die in bed, but should instead die while laying on the ground.
- Members of the family with years of experience are frequently there to assist in determining the most appropriate time.
- The forehead has been coated with a white clay mixture (gopi candana).
When there is a question as to whether death has occurred, a lump of ghee (clarified butter) is placed on the forehead; if it does not melt, it is interpreted as a sign that life has been extinguished—an interesting but potentially misleading practice in light of modern awareness of how hypothermiacan appear to be the same as death.
In the home, family will circle around the body in a clockwise motion; during the funeral, they would walk around the funeral pyre in the opposite way.
As recorded in the Vedas, the Indo-Aryans were known for burying their deceased.
According to different interpretations, it is intended to be used as a gesture of purification, as the most efficient means of releasing the soul from the corrupted body, as an important public health measure with significant environmental benefits in a crowded country, as a symbol of the transitory nature of any particular life and the desire that it should end in permanent anonymity, or as both.
An earthen pot filled with fire from the dead’s house is carried to the cremationground in front of the body, with nothing between them.
At the cremation site, a lit torch is passed to the eldest son or grandson, who lights the pyre, which is located around the feet of the deceased lady and near the head of the deceased male.
The high heat generally causes the skull to burst, releasing the trapped soul; if this does not occur naturally, the skull is purposefully smashed with strikes from a cudgel to free the trapped soul.
However, others feel that it is even better if it exits through the anterior fontanel, which is an aperture in the skull that generally shuts throughout early life.
Therectum is thought to be the passageway by which the souls of the truly evil leave, acquiring such impurity that everlasting cleaning is required in some places of India.
Rather of being laid down on the ground, they are permitted to expire in their mothers’ arms when they die.
Children’s deaths are directly related to their own evil, and they carry with them the burden of 84 lakh reincarnations (i.e.,the child has to be reborn 8,400,000 times).
When a pregnant woman dies among the Nagaras of very high rank, the fetus is taken and buried, whereas the mother is cremated per their tradition.
Traditionally, lepers and smallpox victims were buried in a reclined position to prevent infection.
Upon the death of a Hindu who has “broken caste” by becoming a Muslim or a Christian, a funeral service is held, the family are bathed to purify themselves of their filth, and the person’s name is never uttered again.
It has been argued before in this article that the idea of death has a significant impact on what is considered suitable death behavior.